Joining Family in the UK - Immigration

From Monday 8 January 2018, Simpson Millar LLP (‘Simpson Millar’) closed its immigration law practice. After that date, Simpson Millar are not undertaking any immigration law work.

The team of Simpson Millar immigration lawyers have joined Freeths LLP (‘Freeths’) and will be dealing with any existing work.

Any questions or queries should be directed in the first instance to Emma Brooksbank at Freeths or telephone number 07974 257 071.

Family Migration - Immigration Applications

If you are a non-EEA national you can apply to join your family members in the UK if they are British citizens or hold Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Am I eligible for Family Migration?

On 9 July 2012, the family migration rules were overhauled and significantly changed by the government. If you want to join your family in the UK you need to show that you meet the Immigration Rules, including:

  • Demonstrating that you are in a genuine relationship
  • Meeting a Financial Requirement
  • Having adequate accommodation in the United Kingdom
  • Passing an approved English Language test
  • Having tuberculosis clearance

The Home Office require specific evidence to support applications - therefore it is important that you ensure that you take advice to give your application the best chance of success.

What category can I apply for?

You can make an application under any of the following categories:

  • Spouse
  • Unmarried partner
  • Civil Partner
  • Fiancé(e)
  • Dependent relatives, including adults and children
  • Parent of a child at school
  • A parent exercising rights of access to a child

Legal Services - Fixed Fee Immigration Applications starting at £99

How can Simpson Millar LLP help me?

The Immigration Solicitors at Simpson Millar LLP can assist you with new applications for family members abroad wanting to join you here.

We can also assist with extension applications from within the United Kingdom, switching applications and applications for indefinite leave to remain.

If your application or the application for a family member has been refused, we will represent you on appeal. So for friendly, complete and realistic advice on Family Migration applications give us a call today.

We can speak your language and offer all our Immigration Services in Polish, Urdu, Punjabi and French.

To speak to a Urdu or Punjabi caseworker contact Arshia Hashmi or Irum Saleem

How we can support your application

Get In Touch