Children Resident in the UK

From Monday 8 January 2018, Simpson Millar LLP (‘Simpson Millar’) closed its immigration law practice. After that date, Simpson Millar are not undertaking any immigration law work.

The team of Simpson Millar immigration lawyers have joined Freeths LLP (‘Freeths’) and will be dealing with any existing work.

Any questions or queries should be directed in the first instance to Emma Brooksbank at Freeths or telephone number 07974 257 071.

Protecting Your Immigration Status to Care for Your Children

If you're a non-EEA national with children in the UK, your main concern will be how you can get stabilise your immigration status in order to continue being a part of your child's life.

Increasingly stringent immigration rules mean more and more parents are facing an uncertain future and the prospect of being separated from their family.

Immigration Law - Children Resident in the UK  Legal Advice

Child Arrangement Orders – Do You Need One?

As is often the case for separated parents of children born in the UK, the parent the child lives with is able to secure their immigration status. In order for the non-resident parent to secure their status, they need to provide evidence of agreed access to see the child or a court order outlining the parenting arrangement.

A Child Arrangement Order is a court order outlining this – and may help to retain your immigration status so that you can continue to see your children.

How Can Simpson Millar Help You?

With an expert team of solicitors advising on both immigration and family law issues – we work together to offer realistic and practical solutions, helping to secure your immigration status and contact with your child.

We offer straightforward and clear support, breaking down complex legal issues and resolving even some of the most challenging immigration concerns.

We can speak your language and offer all our Immigration Services in Polish, Urdu, Punjabi and French.

Get In Touch