Specialist Compensation Service
If you were taken ill on a package holiday due to food poisoning or were sick because
the swimming pool at your hotel was filthy you can claim compensation.
We have specialist lawyers representing holiday makers who have been diagnosed with
the bacterial infections following holidays abroad ie:
Symptoms of these infections include diarrhoea,
stomach cramps and vomiting. In some cases these
illnesses lead to long term debilitating secondary conditions such as a reactive
arthritis, and irritable bowel syndrome or chronic
Claim Examples - How much compensation could I receive?
Regardless of whether you became ill on holiday in Egypt or
sick during a holiday in Turkey we can help.
Who deals with my claim?
Your claim will be conducted by an expert in package travel holiday claims
by experts in the fields of gastroenterology and microbiology ensuring that you
receive the maximum compensation.
What you can expect from us
Our Specialists will give you free advice and explain the claims process in simple
language. You could be surprised at just how much compensation you may be entitled
to receive and just how straightforward the whole claims process is.
We accept holiday illness claims on a ‘no win no fee’
Who is responsible for my holiday illness?
Your tour operator is responsible for ensuring that the services that make up the package holiday
are provided with reasonable skill and care.
The Package Travel [Etc] Regulations 1992 extend the tour operator’s liability further
by making it responsible for its supplier’s performance (ie the Hotel).
So, if you are served food that is unfit for human consumption
and you become ill as a consequence it is your tour operator who
Some reasons why people become ill on holiday are not always obvious. The cause
of sickness abroad at hotels might include the following examples:
Holiday Illness Causes
- Food being served luke-warm – A breeding ground for bacteria such as salmonella
- Food not being cooked thoroughly – Pink and bloody chicken and runny eggs are known
causes of campylobacter and salmonella
- Food that has been reheated or left standing for far too long
- Flies and insects contaminating food – flies transfer fecal matter
- Birds and other animals being permitted to contaminate food service areas
- Infected or ill food handlers touching and preparing food
- Ice which has not been prepared using filtered water
- Salads and fruit washed in tap water – which may lead to infections such as Shigella
– E-Coli or Giardia
- The swimming pool is often another cause of sickness outbreaks at hotels - people who are ill can easily spread the parasite cryptosporidium
pool water and is resistant to chlorine
- Public toilets - may be hazardous if the last visitor has not washed their
hands and then touches, for example the door knob or handle when exiting – it is
always important to take extra precautions abroad to avoid illness – for example,
make use of anti bacterial gel
Regardless – your tour operator is responsible for any of the above failings and
should you fall ill or sick as a consequence of poor food handling practices or
shoddy standards of hygiene at your hotel then you are entitled to receive compensation.
Some holiday destinations our Holiday Illness Claims Specialists
have helped clients
to recover compensation following illness and sickness outbreaks at hotels include:
Take a look at our feature
"Hotel-Watch". This feature alerts visitors to sickness outbreaks at hotels
and resorts abroad where we are receiving reports of holiday illness.
Give us a call on freephone: 0808 145 1353 or send us your query via email using our
online enquiry form and we will get back to you.