Unpaid Money Claims

Are you owed money by your employer? Unpaid wages, notice pay, redundancy, holiday pay?

Leaving an employer knowing they owe you money can be one of the hardest things to do in the current financial circumstances. In some instances, it can be a substantial amount of money you're owed and therefore worth pursuing through the courts.


The Type of Money You're Owed

There are various kinds of money your employer may owe you. These include:

These types of pay among others can all be recovered from your employer if they have failed to pay you what you are owed. The most common are unpaid wages and unpaid holiday pay.

If you're owed wages there are certain things that you'll have to prove.

Having the correct paperwork ready to take to your employment solicitor is the best way to jump start your case and get you one step closer to claiming back your wages. Wage slips, time sheets and bank statements proving you didn’t receive the money will help your case immensely. If you don’t already have your pay slips, you can request them from your employer. It is your legal right to a payslip and if they don’t comply, they are breaking the law.

After a landmark ruling in 2014, overtime is now taken into account when calculating holiday pay. Whether your employer is aware of this or not, this is now the law and it must be followed.

This could mean that for an extended period of time, your employer has been denying your right to have over time calculated in relation to your holiday pay.

The Legal 500 - The Clients Guide to Law Firms

The Legal 500 2016

"The practice at Simpson Millar LLP has notable experience representing trade unions, particularly in the aviation sector, with clients including the British Airline Pilots’ Association, the Hong Kong Aircrew Officers Association and the Aircrew Officers Association Europe. The firm also has expertise in equal opportunities and discrimination mandates, and leads in holiday pay claims. Key names include Joy Drummond and Aneil Balgobin; Balgobin joined the firm in 2016 from Rollingsons."

How to Make a Claim

We'll provide you with:

  • a detailed assessment of your case, and
  • an answer on whether it falls within the boundaries of Money Claim Online (MCOL)

We will then draft and lodge the claim with them on your behalf, saving you the hassle of having to deal with difficult paperwork.

You will then receive a written confirmation to confirm that we have lodged your claim and advice about what comes next.

Employment Law Solicitors

Find out more about our costs
Justice is not as inaccessible as you might think

We live in a climate where every penny counts, and finding out you may be entitled to a significant sum from your employer can be a huge help.

Get In Touch

Aneil Balgobin | Partner, Head of Employment Law | Simpson Millar LLP - London & Wimbledon

Aneil Balgobin
Partner, Head of Employment Law

View profile