Simpson Millar is committed to providing a superior standard of conveyancing, while remaining competitively priced.
Solicitor fees for buying or selling a house can often include hidden or unexpected charges, but with Simpson Millar you know exactly what you will be paying beforehand, thanks to our clearly priced, itemised quotes.
What's more, we offer fixed fee conveyancing, which means the price we quote is the price you pay* (*assuming there is no change in property price).
With our basic fixed fee conveyancing starting at just £720 (including VAT), simply call us today for a free quote and find out how much your conveyancing will cost.
Why not get a conveyancing quote by calling: 0800 206 1521
What Is Included In Your Quote?
Your Simpson Millar itemised conveyancing quote will feature the following:
- Legal Fees – This is the fee for dealing with the key conveyancing work, such as checking the contract pack, preparing the title report and arranging exchange and completion
- Additional Costs – These are the fees for dealing with additional legal work which may arise, such as:
- Auction – If you are buying or selling at an auction, there will be additional costs to cover the paperwork involved
- Buy to Let Tenancy Agreement – If you are buying a property to rent out, we will have to carry out additional checks to ensure that the lender’s requirements are met
- Help to Buy – Buying a property through a government Help to Buy scheme entails extra paperwork and time, which is covered by this additional cost
- New Build Supplement – Buying a new build involves reviewing a substantial amount of information such as planning and building regulation documentation. This charge reflects the extra work that needs to be undertaken
- Right to Buy Supplement – Covering the additional legal checks that are necessary if you are buying a social property from your local authority or housing association
- Shared Ownership – Covers the additional legal work involved in checking a shared ownership lease and the housing association’s requirements
- Telegraphic Transfer Administration Fee – This covers the time and costs (including bank charges) incurred for the same day electronic transfer of the funds involved in your property transaction.
- Disbursements – Fees that have to be paid to third parties as part of the conveyancing process; the cost frequently depending upon the value of the property. These will include:
- Land Registry Fees – The cost of changing the government's records of ownership regarding a property
- Search Pack – The charges for assorted searches such as Local Authority, Water and Drainage, Environmental and coal search
- Stamp Duty – The amount of Stamp Duty you will have to pay to HMRC, dependent upon the value of your purchase.
Remember, we operate a 'no move no fee' policy, meaning that if for any reason your transaction – whether buying or selling a house – falls through, we will not charge you for legal work already undertaken.
Get a Quote Today
Our expert team of Conveyancers and Solicitors are on hand to offer you the quality assured Conveyancing service that you expect. We can advise on any aspect of the process and are happy to discuss how we can help make the process as swift and pain free as possible – we want to get you into your new home almost as much as you do!
Call us on 0800 206 1521 to obtain your quote or alternatively fill out our enquiry form and one of our friendly team will be able to start you on the right path!