Our Probate Solicitors can apply for Probate on your behalf, or we can deal with the complete Probate process for you - see Full Probate Service.
If you only want help with applying for Grant of Probate, we offer a:
Grant of Probate Application (only) Service
How much does it cost?
Fixed Fee: £1,500.00 Excluding VAT
This includes: Apply for and obtaining the Grant of Probate
Breakdown of Costs:
Legal Fees £1,500.00
VAT on Legal Fees £300.00
Total: £1,800.00 Including VAT
Disbursements Payable in Addition to the above:
- Probate Registry (Court) fee of £155.00 plus £1.00 for two certified copies
- £5.00 Swearing of the Oath (per Executor) plus £2.00 for each exhibit
- £83.40 to enter a Trustee Act Notice in the London Gazette - Protects against unexpected claims from unknown creditors
- Approximately £300.00 to place a Trustee Act Notice in a Local Newspaper - This also helps to protect against unexpected claims.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
As Part of our Fixed Fee, We Will:
- Provide you with a dedicated and experienced Probate practitioner to work on your matter
- Identify the legally appointed Executors or Administrators and Beneficiaries
- Accurately identify the type of Probate application you will require
- Obtain the relevant documents required to make the application
- Complete the Probate Application and the relevant HMRC tax forms
- Draft a legal oath for you to swear
- Make the application to the Probate Court on your behalf
- Obtain the Probate and securely send two copies to you
How Long Does Grant of Probate Take?
Obtaining the Grant of Probate usually takes 16-20 weeks, depending on how busy the Probate Registry is at the time your application is submitted.
More Information on Grant of Probate
Once you’ve obtained a Grant of Probate, you’ll be able to distribute the deceased’s Estate in accordance with the terms of the Will.
You can sell or transfer property and shares, close bank accounts and sell any other assets they owned.
As the Executor, it’s also your responsibility to pay debts, finalise all tax liabilities, pay legacies and distribute the remainder of the Estate.
Our Probate Solicitors can apply for a Grant of Probate on your behalf.
We offer this as a standalone service, or we can deal with the complete Probate process from start to finish. For details see Full Probate Service.
For free legal advice call our Probate Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
08002 605 010
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Simpson Millar is a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Bristol, Cardiff, Kingston-upon-Thames, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Morecambe and Southport.