Our Probate Solicitors can apply for Probate on your behalf, or we can deal with the complete Probate process for you with our Full Probate Service.
If you only want help with applying for Grant of Probate, we offer a:
Grant of Probate Application (only) Service
We offer a fixed fee of £1,152 (VAT included) for the Application of the Grant of Probate, as long as you send us all the information we need.
Our legal fees include:
- The help and advice of an experienced Probate practitioner to work on your case
- Identification of the legally appointed Executors or Administrators and the beneficiaries
- Identify the type of Grant of Representation you need – either Grant of Probate or Grant of Letters of Administration
- Complete the application form for the Grant
- Complete the correct HMRC inheritance tax forms
- Prepare the Probate Registry Application form
- Send off the Grant application to the Probate Registry (Court)
- Get the Grant back and send you 2 copies
You’ll need to pay some additional costs on top of your legal fees. These are called disbursements and include:
- £155 Court (Probate Registry) fee. This Court fee is less because you are using a Solicitor
- £3 (£1.50 each) for two certified copies of the Grant
- £95.50 to enter a Trustee Act Notice in the London Gazette
- Around £300 to put a Trustee Act Notice in a local newspaper
How Long Does a Grant of Probate Application Take?
It usually take about 16 to 20 weeks to get the Grant of Probate but it really depends on how busy the Probate Registry is when your grant application is made.
More Information on Grant of Probate
Once you’ve obtained a Grant of Probate, you’ll be able to distribute the deceased’s Estate in accordance with the terms of the Will.
You can sell or transfer property and shares, close bank accounts and sell any other assets they owned.
As the Executor, it’s also your responsibility to pay debts, finalise all tax liabilities, pay legacies and distribute the remainder of the Estate.
Our Probate Solicitors can apply for a Grant of Probate on your behalf.
We offer this as a standalone service, or we can deal with the complete Probate process from start to finish. For details see Full Probate Service.
For free legal advice call our Probate Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
08002 605 010
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Simpson Millar Solicitors are a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Bristol, Cardiff, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Manchester and Southport.