Hearing Loss Claims
For free legal advice call our Industrial Disease Solicitors and we will help you. Ask if we can deal with your claim on a No Win, No Fee basis.
Our specialist Industrial Disease Solicitors can help you claim compensation and get vital support if you’ve suffered from hearing loss because of working in a noisy environment. This is known as noise induced hearing loss.
Living with hearing loss can be challenging and it will impact your life, now and in the future. Claiming compensation for your work related hearing loss can help you to get the right help and support to minimise the impact on you and your family.
We have a strong track record of helping people who’ve developed hearing damage because of their working conditions to get the help they need.
Contact us for a Free Claims Assessment, so we can talk through your work history, your condition and symptoms and how we can help you. We could represent you on a No Win, No Fee basis - ask us for details.
Why Choose Simpson Millar?
- Our Industrial Disease Solicitors are specialists in work related hearing loss claims and can help you get the compensation, treatment and rehabilitation you need
- We’re open and transparent about claims and we won’t use legal jargon – just straightforward language
- If the company you worked for no longer exists, we can still pursue a claim for you against their insurance company
- Simpson Millar is accredited for Personal Injury work by the Law Society Personal Injury Accreditation Scheme and some of our Industrial Disease Solicitors are members of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyer (APIL)
- Every claim is different, so we don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all approach. We’ll tailor our approach to your circumstances
- Our Industrial Disease team has close links with leading charities and patient support groups, so we can help you learn to manage your condition.
People We've Helped
We represented a man who told us he’d been exposed to excessive noise at work over several decades. He sustained work-related hearing loss and tinnitus because of the noise. His employer disputed the claim and the case went to Court. The hearing lasted 2 days, but our client was eventually awarded more than £12,000 in compensation.
Can I Make a Hearing Loss Claim?
If you suffer from hearing loss because your employer didn’t do enough to protect you from excessive noise levels in the workplace, you could claim compensation.
Noise induced hearing loss is the deterioration of someone’s hearing over a prolonged period of time, caused by exposure to noise at work.
Industries where workers are at particular risk include:
- Road maintenance
Employers in these industries should take steps to protect their staff from prolonged exposure to loud noise. They can limit the time spent in noisy environments and make sure that all staff are equipped with the right personal protective equipment and that they are trained to use it.
You could also suffer from occupational deafness from working in a noisy factory or working environment.
Excessive noise in the workplace can also lead to Tinnitus. It’s a condition where you can hear noises such as ringing, buzzing and whistling without an external source. This can be constant and very debilitating.
Others at risk of industrial deafness include call centre operators or anyone wearing a telephone headset, a type of injury known as Acoustic Shock. This is short term exposure to very loud, very high frequency noise through a telephone headset.
Early warnings signs of noise induced hearing loss can include:
- Family members complaining that the TV is too loud
- Joining in group conversations becomes difficult
- Difficulties hearing whilst on the phone
What is the Claims Process?
- We offer a Free Claims Assessment so we can discuss your work history, symptoms and how your condition has impacted your life. We can tell you quickly if your claim is likely to succeed.
- If we agree to take on your case, your Industrial Disease Solicitor will take a detailed statement from you. They’ll identify the employer responsible for your hearing loss, along with their insurance company.
- We may also take statements from witnesses, as they can provide further evidence of your exposure. Don’t worry if you’re not in touch with anybody that you worked with when you were exposed as we can still move forward with your claim.
- We’ll get a specialist medical report from a medical expert. They’ll examine you and confirm whether your hearing loss and tinnitus has resulted from your work. They can tell us if rehabilitation or further treatment is needed, particularly hearing aids and tinnitus retraining therapy.
- If you do need further treatment or support, we’ll arrange it and include the costs of treatment within your claim.
- Most personal injury claims settle before going to Court, but don’t worry, if you do need to go to Court, we’ll support you throughout.
What Funding is Available?
Hearing loss claims are usually funded through a No Win, No Fee agreement - ask us for details.
How Long Do I Have to Make a Claim?
There is a three-year time limit on all claims for industrial deafness or tinnitus from the date you knew or ought to have known that you were suffering with the condition.
For free legal advice call our Industrial Disease Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
08002 605 010
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Simpson Millar Solicitors are a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Bristol, Cardiff, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Manchester.