Luke Piper -
T: 0345 357 9600
F: 0345 357 9649
Based in: Bristol
Luke is an Immigration Solicitor based in our Bristol Office. Luke, originally from Yorkshire, moved to Bristol in December 2016 bringing with him over 6 years' experience in Immigration Law.
Luke advises and assists clients in all areas of immigration with a focus on Points Based System applications, entry clearance, human rights and EEA law. He has particular expertise with representing clients in Judicial Review claims in the Upper Tribunal and the High Court. He passionately challenges decisions of the Home Office and excels at identifying swift and effective ways of resolving immigration problems.
Luke deals with all immigration and asylum matters and his experience includes:
- Tier 1 - Applications for Entrepreneurs and Graduate Entrepreneurs who are investing in the UK by setting up, joining or taking over a business.
- Tier 2 - Business immigration for employers who require a license to recruit from overseas and who need compliance support.
- Challenging and preventing compliance issues such as the loss of a sponsor's license or a civil penalty where an employer falls into difficulties with employing overseas nationals.
- Tier 2 - Sponsored Worker - Entry clearance and leave to remain applications for employees intending to work in highly skilled occupations for a UK business
- Tier 4 - Students. Acting for students to secure entry clearance or leave to remain as a Tier 4 General Student, Child Student, Prospective Student, Student Visitor or to secure a Short Term Study Visa.
- Tier 5 - Temporary Workers / Visa Applications for people intending to stay in the United Kingdom on a temporary basis under the Youth Mobility Scheme, to undertake voluntary work for a charity or for a short term post with a University.
- European Applications for EEA nationals hoping to secure their position in the UK as far as they can, particularly following the Brexit decision. Luke specialises in permanent residence applications, British Citizenship applications for European nationals and European appeal work to challenge incorrect Home Office decisions.
- Appeals and judicial reviews - Luke conducts his own representation to the Upper and First Tier Tribunal. He excels in identifying clear legal arguments to challenge European, Human Rights and Asylum refusals on appeal. Where there is no right of appeal and the Home Office has made the wrong decision a judicial review claim can be brought to challenge and overturn that decision.
Luke runs a free legal clinic at Simpson Millar's Bristol Office, at 1 Temple Way every Thursday at 10am.
Having recently moved to Bristol, Luke is looking forward to exploring the city and surrounding areas, in particular, the many galleries and exhibitions in the city.
Luke's interests include music, art and swimming.