Irum Saleem -
T: 0345 357 9000
F: 0345 357 9199
Based in: Leeds
Irum joined Simpson Millar's Leeds Immigration Team in 2016. She has a detailed knowledge of family and European immigration law matters. She has an attention to detail that has resulted in an excellent success rate at initial application stage.
Irum carefully and diligently looks after our clients' interests ensuring that their applications have the best chance of success.
Irum graduated in July 2015 at the University of Huddersfield with Masters of Law and Practice.
Irum works on all immigration matters including the following:
- European law - particularly offering support to European nationals who would like to secure their position in the United Kingdom with a residence card or permanent residence card
- Family migration and human rights cases - for those hoping to join family in the United Kingdom or stay with family. Irum particularly specialises in cases where a husband, wife or fiancé of a British national, person with indefinite leave to remain or refugee is living overseas and would like to join their spouse or fiancé in the UK. She also represents clients who are already in the United Kingdom with leave to remain and would like to apply to extend this or to secure indefinite leave to remain and those without leave to remain who need to regularise their stay in the UK
- Visit visas - for people hoping to visit the UK, particularly for a special occasion such as a family wedding, engagement or celebration. As Irum speaks fluent Urdu and Punjabi she is particularly able to supports client from Pakistan and Pakistani communities in the UK who have family migration matters
- Asylum and humanitarian protection - for people who have fled their home country and are seeking protection in the UK
- Fresh claims for asylum - supporting those people who have previously been refused a grant of asylum and who have often received a negative decision at the First Tier Tribunal to make a new claim based on new evidence
As part of Simpson Millar's Immigration Department's pro bono programme, Irum established Simpson Millar's relationship with the University of Huddersfield's legal clinic. Irum offers specialist pro bono advice at the clinic on a regular basis.
Irum speaks fluent Urdu and Punjabi and runs an own language caseload.
In her spare time Irum loves to go shopping and to spend time with her family and friends. She also loves to cook and bake.