Reports of Further Illness at the Red Sea Holiday Village, Egypt
Simpson Millar LLP is aware that there are continuing illness problems
at the Red Sea Holiday Village in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt.
In the spotlight again
The Red Sea Holiday Village has come to our attention in the past, and the same complaints are being seen again, namely a lack of food hygiene
, cleanliness of the resort and the cleanliness of the pool.
Pools that are not cleaned correctly are at risk of carrying holiday illnesses such as Cryptosporidium
, which can be resistant to chlorine. Simply being splashed by contaminated water poses a health risk.
In 2012, on the BBC's Watchdog show it featured holiday makers who had visited the Red Sea Holiday Village in Egypt and reported the same problems we are hearing from consumers now
Hygiene in the Pool
We are frequently seeing reports by holidaymakers relating to cleanliness of the pool. It is important to note that the Red Sea Holiday Village is known for huge swimming pools and its ‘swim up’ rooms. These rooms have a swimming pool which lead to the guests doorstep.
Holidaymakers have taken to tripadvisor with comments about the pool frequently being soiled, and cleaners brushing dirty water into it
. This could well be one of the reasons why many holiday makers are suffering from sickness bugs whilst at the Red Sea Holiday Village
Simpson Millar LLP’s previous success
We have successfully recovered compensation before for clients, who suffered from sickness at the Egypt resort. This is seen in a case study
from 2012, with the same problems recurring again during this year's
The lengthy history of complaints and successful claims
stemming from the resort only goes to show the extent of the problems at the Red Sea Holiday Village in Egypt.
Our advice to holiday makers
If you are currently at the resort:
- Report any illnesses to the manager of the Egypt Red Sea Holiday Village resort and your holiday rep
- Don’t accept any compensation before seeking legal advice
- Take photographic or video evidence of unclean areas, undercooked food, and health and safety risks
- Talk to other holiday makers, because they may have experienced the same, and seen something relevant to your case
- Share contact details with other holiday makers, and ask if they will be your witness, as this is powerful evidence to back up your holiday claim
- Seek medical attention, don’t let or make the illness unnecessarily worse
- Get copies of medical records as well as other receipts for expenses
- Contact a specialist holiday illness solicitor, such as Simpson Millar LLP to obtain advice and information about how to pursue a compensation claim
If you are now back home:
- Talk to your GP about your any illness worries you may have following your time at this hotel, and get tested for any bugs you could have contracted
- Keep in touch with any friends and family who were with you at the Egyptian resort, especially if they were ill too, working together you can strengthen each other’s claims
- Contact the travel operator about your complaint but don’t accept any compensation before seeking legal advice, as you could be offered significantly less than you’re entitled to
- Contact a specialist holiday illness solicitor, such as Simpson Millar LLP to obtain advice and information about how to pursue a claim
Making a holiday illness claim
This can feel daunting, but it is important to remember that you are not alone
. There will be other people who have been to the Red Sea Holiday Village resort in Egypt, who may have even travelled in your party, who have suffered symptoms of an illness bug
and had their holiday experience ruined.
With our extensive experience in the field, combined with the fact members of our legal team have worked for tour operators like First Choice
, we are confident that we can help you make a successful holiday illness claim.