Q: When am I entitled to redundancy pay?


Legal Answer:

You have the right to a redundancy payment if you are an employee who has worked continuously for your employer for at least two years and you are being made redundant.

Redundancy pay is also due when a fixed-term contract of 2 years or more expires and is not renewed because of redundancy.

You do not have to claim redundancy pay from your employer, they should automatically pay it to you.

If your employer does not give you redundancy pay when you are entitled to it you should write to them asking for payment. If your employer still refuses to pay you or cannot make the payment you could make an appeal to an Employment Tribunal.

Useful Info:

News Archive

Get In Touch