Monday 15th of October is Carbon Monoxide Awareness Day

Dated:   

Monday 15th October is Carbon Monoxide Awareness Day. As the days get colder and winter nights approach, gas appliances are being turned on, often for the first time in several months. It is important that those appliances will have been serviced and checked within the last 12 months. At Simpson Millar we have seen all too often the effect of poorly maintained gas appliances at home or in a workplace. Every year between 20 and 30 people die of carbon monoxide poisoning. Appliances that are normally perfectly safe can become killers if they are not properly maintained or used correctly. Carbon monoxide, colourless and odourless, is a danger that should not be taken for granted. Simpson Millar support any steps on the part of the Government and other agencies to widen awareness of Carbon Monoxide safety issues.


To find out how we could help you please make a no-obligation enquiry or call freephone: 0808 129 3320.




News Archive


Get In Touch