HR Oracle Explained
For many business owners, HR and employment law can be daunting; an inaccessible realm of the business world that is best left to the professionals. For others, it just isn't cost effective to have a dedicated HR team within their business, and try to muddle through with ad-hoc, expensive advice.
Zee Hussain, Partner in Employment Law
, explains how HR Oracle
, the new full-service HR support for business, can help you.
What is it?
HR Oracle, at its core, assists and supports your organisation with all HR and employee relation matters.
Whether you are looking for a complete, out-sourced solution, additional support for your existing HR person or team, online resources, a helpline for on-going advice, or even a full overhaul of your business's policies and employment contracts, HR Oracle can provide a solution tailored to the specific requirements of your business.
HR Oracle ensures that you stay 100% compliant with current employment legislation and offers you peace of mind that you are acting within the law.We also offer all our services at a fixed price, with no hidden costs, so you know exactly how much you will pay.
Why Use HR Oracle?
- Employment law can be complex and time-consuming. If issues are not managed correctly, efficiently, or effectively - you can be faced with costly claims for compensation.
- HR Oracle is different to other providers of HR or legal support; our team consists of both qualified employment solicitors and HR professionals, combining the best legal advice with a commercial and practical approach to best support your organisation and achieve solutions.
- There's no pushing you from pillar to post; you'll receive a dedicated, go-to advisor, who will really get to know your business and your HR needs so they can offer you personalised guidance on any and all elements of HR procedure and employment law.
- We give you direct access to a wider team so you can rest assured that you've got a fully qualified team, in your corner, at all times, supporting your business.
- We recognise businesses will change from time to time; we constantly review the services that we offer to you to make sure that you're getting the right level of service for your changing business needs.
What Services Can HR Oracle Offer?
There are 4 core services that come with HR Oracle, so you know exactly where to look for the information that you need:
- Healthcheck: we'll conduct an initial review of your business's employment contracts to make sure they are all in line with current employment law. We will also review your existing policies and procedures,
- HR Helpdesk: you get direct access to the HR Oracle team, and a dedicated advisor to help you every step of the way,
- HR Oracle Updates: we provide you with regular updates regarding changes to employment law, seminars and events, as well as the latest news to keep you in the loop. Plus discounts on our training and consultancy services,
- Members Portal: you have instant access to a members-only area online to give your business a wealth of resources on HR procedures, employment legislation, and important documents to guide you through the process.
Can HR Oracle be personalised?
The great thing about HR Oracle is that you can add service modules to your package so your business is getting the HR support it needs. Each business is different, so you might need all, or none of the extra services we provide:HR Oracle Protect:
We have teamed up with one of the UK’s largest insurers to provide comprehensive cover in the event of an employee claim for compensation. Cover includes all legal costs associated with a claim, including our solicitors/barristers who can defend you at an employment tribunal or court.
Even in the event that the worst should happen and you lose a claim, the insurance will cover the bill for compensation. HR Oracle Protect provides a total solution
when it comes to protecting your business and managing your staff.HR Oracle Health and Safety:
HR Oracle Health & Safety ensures your regulatory requirements are in good shape. We work with you to reduce potential pitfalls and the consequences that stem from health and safety issues in the workplace
We also provide advice, guidance and risk assessments to help improve safety, efficiency and ultimately confidence in your working environment.HR Oracle Audit:
HR Oracle Audit includes an in depth review of your employee handbook, all your employee documents, policies and procedures. This comprehensive review
includes implementing policies and procedures as well as re-drafting or designing new policies that are fit for purpose and match the specific needs of your business.
HR Oracle Audit ensures your polices, contracts and employee documents are consistent, clear, in-line with the very latest legislation and follow industry best practice.HR Oracle Training:
HR Oracle Training is our bespoke training and skills solution
that helps you get the most out of your staff, keeping them fully up to date with the latest changes.Designed and delivered in a format that works for you and on topics of your choice, we offer a range of training sessions on an individual or group basis.HR Oracle Consultancy:
When required we can provide on-site support with any employee related matters. We can help with disciplinaries, grievances, appeals, investigations, redundancies and mediation.
What Else Should You Know?
"Managing employees and ensuring compliance whilst running the day-to-day operation of your business is not easy."
The HR Oracle service was developed in conjunction with our clients to help address their need to access HR and legal support under ‘one-roof’, from a trusted and qualified supplier. Our clients enjoy the high quality of advice and commercial solutions we can provide but unlike traditional law firms, there is no ticking clock; members of the service can simply call or access our services as often as they like without the worry of racking up huge bills."
"With the resources and capability of Simpson Millar members can expect the same high quality of advice synonymous with a national law firm but with the benefit of a practical HR dimension and consistency that comes from accessing the same dedicated adviser, who understands your business, for both HR and legal matters, We operate very high standards of quality, value, and offer a truly personalised service. We guide you on best practice and changes required to meet your legal requirements and help to implement changes within your workplace. Our service is proactive; we provide you with the day-to-day advice but also carry out all the work and if required represent you at an employment tribunal."
Want to Find Out More?
For more information on HR Oracle, you can visit our dedicated website at www.hroracle.co.uk
or give us a call on 0800 038 0754 to discuss your options.