Faulty boilers could prove fatal to you and your family

Dated:

Even though energy prices have soured over the recent year and many of us have been trying to wait till the last possible moment to turn on our heating you could be putting yourself and your family in grave danger.

If your boiler is faulty it could be leaking dangerous Carbon Monoxide fumes into your home. Every year 20-30 people die as a result of Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

Carbon monoxide fumes are extremely difficult to detect as its properties render it colourless and odourless and symptoms range from: nausea, headaches, shortness of breath and dizziness.

Recently a mother and her 3 daughters were diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning after one of her daughters collapsed at the family home. On inspection of the home it was found that their boiler had been emitting dangerous carbon monoxide fumes. The family had been feeling unwell since March but had put it down to other factors and had ignored their symptoms.

The boiler had been fully serviced in February and as a result of this the Council have launched an investigation as a matter of urgency.

Regardless of whether you live in rented accommodation or own your own home all gas and electrical appliances should be serviced every year to ensure your safety.

This week it was reported that an elderly couple in Cantley were found dead in their home and it is suspected that carbon monoxide poisoning could be the cause.

A simple carbon monoxide detector could be what stands in the way of you and you families health, safety and wellbeing.




News Archive


Get In Touch