Carbon monoxide poisoning warnings for caravan owners/users

Dated:   

The Health Protection Agency has recently issued warnings to all caravan users on the potential risks of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Carbon Monoxide can leak from any appliances that burn fossil fuels eg fridges, heaters or cookers. Please ensure you get your appliances serviced regularly by an appropriately registered engineer before you set off on you summer holidays.

Faulty appliances combined with poor ventilation in small spaces such as caravans can lead to a rapid build up of the deadly colourless, odourless and tasteless gas.

Holidays are a time for rest and relaxation and we are sure nobody wants to put their family and friends at risk. It is advisable for you to fit a Carbon Monoxide detector alarm inside your caravan which will provide you with the extra peace of mind that you will be alerted immediately to any high levels of gas.

It is important to note, however, that low levels of carbon monoxide poisoning are just as dangerous if you have prolonged exposure and you should not solely rely on Alarms.

May be you are thinking of hiring a caravan for a holiday? If so, always ask to see the appropriate service certificate to ensure you and your family are safe.

Further information can be found in the carbon monoxide section.



To find out how we could help you please make a no-obligation enquiry or call freephone: 0808 129 3320.




News Archive


Get In Touch