£4,000 awarded for Egypt Holiday Illness Misery

Dated:

Our specialist Holiday Claims Solicitors recently helped Mr Perkins obtain compensation following a bout of food poisoning abroad caused by the food at a hotel in Egypt.

After falling ill whilst on holiday in Egypt Mr Perkins of Lancashire received £4000 compensation when Simpson Millar’s Holiday Illness Claims Manager, Simon Lomax, took on his case on a no win no fee basis.

Food Poisoning on holiday

We pursued a holiday claim on Mr Perkins' behalf after he suffered a gastric illness contracted whilst at the Laguna Vista Garden in Egypt after being served contaminated food during a holiday abroad. Because Mr Perkins had booked a package holiday we were able to pursue his claim against the UK tour operator, Thomas Cook, under the Package Travel Regulations 1992 etc.

After negotiations we were able to reach a settlement on Mr Perkins behalf for his holiday illness claim.

Asked to sum up the service he received Mr Perkins said: "The service I received was very professional and straightforward and it was easy to understand each process."

Referring to Holiday Claims Specialist Simon Lomax, Mr Perkins also said: "Simon was very professional in his approach and very efficient. He kept on top of things without any delays."

Asked if he would recommend Simpson Millar’s Holiday Claims team Mr Perkins said: "Yes I would definitely recommend Simpson Millar. Without your help I would not have received the compensation I did – Thank you."

Simon said: "I am pleased we were able to secure a successful outcome for Mr. Perkins. We are currently assisting hundreds of holidaymakers who have had the misfortune to fall ill whilst on holiday."

"In most cases the problem is down to substandard food hygiene practices at hotels which the tour operator is responsible for."

"The Package Travel Regulations protect holidaymakers who book package holidays through reputable tour operators such as First Choice, Thomson Holiday and Thomas Cook".

"Therefore, if for example a holidaymaker falls ill with Salmonella because the food at the foreign hotel was not cooked properly then the tour operator is responsible."




News Archive


Get In Touch