If you are one of the people who has been made redundant because Igloo Energy has ceased trading, you could make a protective award claim of up to £4,352.
You can make a Protective Award Claim if:
- You worked at a location with 20 or more people who were made redundant
- Igloo Energy made you redundant without the proper consultation
You don’t need to have a minimum length of service with Igloo Energy to make a Protective Award Claim either.
You may be feeling worried and overwhelmed at the moment, but we can help you to get a Protective Award Claim in progress, so use our free eligibility checker now to see if we can help you.
The Protective Award Claims Process
If you choose to make a Protective Award claim, there is a process to follow. Let’s walk through the steps:
- Understand if you have a claim – as long as you meet the above criteria and used our eligibility checker, we can help you.
- Get permission from the administrators – we can do this for you once we take on your claim.
- Complete ACAS Early Conciliation – this is a process that has to take place before you can take your case to an employment tribunal. As there is no way to settle your claim outside of a tribunal, this is just a formality and we’ll put this paperwork through.
- Make your claim in an Employment Tribunal – we’ll take care of this for you and your claim will be included alongside your colleagues, who choose us to take a Protective Award claim forward for them.
- Get a Judgment – In order to claim your Protective Award, you must have a judgment from an Employment Tribunal to confirm that your employer made you redundant without proper consultation.
- Claim Your Protective Award – the Insolvency Service will pay out your Protective Award.
How much Does a Protective Award Pay?
It’s based on your earnings and you can claim up to 90 days’ pay, but the Insolvency Service puts a cap on what you can claim from them. You can claim up to £544 a week for a maximum of 8 weeks so your maximum pay out would be £4,352.
How long do I have to make a Protective Award Claim?
The time limits are short – you only have 3 months, less one day, from the date you were made redundant to submit your claim, so the quicker you get in touch, the better.
We’ll talk you through the process and get things moving for you as soon as you contact us.
Get in touch with our Employment Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
08002 605 010
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Simpson Millar Solicitors are a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Billingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Catterick, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Manchester.