Former Topshop, Topman and Miss Selfridge Staff Could Claim up to £4,304
As of Friday 12th March at 5pm, we cannot take on any more ex Arcadia Group and Topshop, Topman, Miss Selfridge, Dorothy Perkins, Wallis and Burton employees to help with their protective award claims.
This is because of the strict time limits in place for Protective Award claims.
You may want to pursue this without our legal assistance. If so, please contact ACAS on 0300 123 1100 or visit www.acas.org.uk for advice.
Please kindly note that Simpson Millar LLP cannot be held responsible in the event that you seek to bring a claim after the limitation period has expired and you should seek independent legal advice if in doubt about when your limitation period is.
If you worked for Topshop, Topman or Miss Selfridge, you’ve lost your job after the sale to ASOS on February 3rd and you’re eligible, you could make a Protective Award Claim.
A Protective Award is a payment made when your employer does not follow the minimum legal notice for your redundancy and you don’t need a minimum length of service to make a claim either.
Employment law in England and Wales says that employers must inform their staff when they are planning to make redundancies and follow the correct procedures.
Arcadia did not follow these rules so as long as the following criteria apply to you, as former staff of Topshop, Topman and Miss Selfridge, you could make a Protective Award Claim:
- 20 or more people lost their jobs at the same location where you worked
- Your employer did not consult properly on the redundancies
It doesn’t matter if you were a full or part time worker or how long you worked there, as long as the above criteria apply to you.
Talk to one of our specialist Employment Solicitors to see if you can make a Protective Award Claim. We’ve helped many other people in exactly the same position as you are, including staff made redundant at Mothercare and Flybe, so call us to see if we can help you.
What are the Time Limits for a Protective Award?
You need to act quickly as there is a time limit of 3 months, less one day, from the date you were made redundant to make a claim for a Protective Award.
The Protective Award Claims Process
It’s important to understand exactly how the claims process works, so here’s a step by step guide to the Protective Award Claims process:
- Can you make a Protective Award Claim? Call and speak to one of our Employment Solicitors
- Start your Protective Award Claim. We’ll ask you to sign some paperwork to confirm that you want us to act for you and we’ll get permission to make a Protective Award from the company administrators.
- Complete ACAS Early Conciliation. This is in place to try to settle claims before they get to the Employment Tribunal, but as you can’t settle your claim, your form will be stamped and move through the process quickly. The 3 month time period is paused while this process happens.
- Make an Application to the Employment Tribunal. Your claim will be heard, and a Judgment will be made. Your job title or your name will be included on the Judgment and this will allow you to make a Protective Award Claim.
How Much Will I Get?
If you claim through the Insolvency Service there is a maximum claim of £4,304 or up to eight weeks’ pay. The maximum weekly amount is capped at £538 and the payment you receive will be based on your usual weekly pay.
Why Choose Simpson Millar?
We’ve helped many other employees made redundant to successfully make a Protective Award claim. Our specialist Employment Solicitors will help you clearly understand the process and support you throughout the claims process.
It’s not easy losing your job and making sure that you can access as much money as possible to help you through is really important. We don’t take any money until your claim is completed so you don’t need to worry about legal fees right now.
If you want to make a successful Protective Award claim get in touch with us today.
Get in touch with our Employment Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
08002 605 010
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Simpson Millar Solicitors are a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Billingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Catterick, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Manchester.