Our Employment Law Solicitors provide solutions for a wide variety of employment issues. They help people just like you, whether you’re an employee, manager or a senior executive.
One of our team should be available to discuss your employment straight away. Just contact us.
Our Employment Solicitors are here to help you whether you’re facing unfair dismissal, need specialist legal advice on a settlement agreement or your employment rights have been breached. We can give you employment law advice and support, offer you help and advice in the background, negotiate directly with your employer, and represent you at an Employment Tribunal.
Independently recognised as one of the Best Law Firms for Employment
We take pride in obtaining positive results for our clients and have a strong track-record. Our Employment Law Solicitors were recognised by The Sunday Times as one of the Best Law Firms for Employment Law in 2019. In doing so we were put forward by our peers as experts in our field.
We are also ranked in the 2020 edition of Chambers & Partners and the Legal 500 for Employee and Trade Union work. Our Employment Solicitors were quoted in Chambers & Partners as “a team of very good advocates who are able to understand the full picture rather than just the letter of the law”. We were also acknowledged as being “a highly professional firm who provide excellent customer service.”
We are open, straightforward lawyers. We’ll talk to you in plain English, and give you a clear plan of what your next steps should be and be transparent about the costs involved.
Employment Law Services for Employees and Senior Executives
We can help you with a number of employment law issues including:
Discrimination at Work
Employment Settlement Agreements
Equal Pay Compensation Claims
Employment Tribunal Solicitors
Protective Award Compensation Claims
Restrictive Covenants in Employment
Sexual Harassment at Work Claims
Termination of Employment Claims Solicitors
TUPE for Employees in England & Wales
Unfair Dismissal Claims
Whistleblowing at Work
Our Solicitors are Nationwide
As a national law firm, we have 7 offices across England and Wales including Employment Solicitors in London, Leeds and Manchester.
Employment Solicitors by Your Side
Because of our extensive and specialist expertise in the team, we can predict any issues which could come up, negotiate effectively for you and if there’s a financial element involved in your case, maximise your position.
We’ll guide you through the whole process, which at times can seem daunting. But our Employment Law experts can give you the reassurance you need.
We aim to take the stress out of your employment law issue.
Why Use the Employment Solicitors from Simpson Millar?
- Highly experienced team with years’ of experience
- We’re the ‘Open Lawyers’ – We’re transparent and won’t blind you with jargon
- Driven by success – We’ve achieved some great outcomes for our clients, which is why we do what we do
- Client Recommendations – Don’t just take our word for it. See what our clients say about their experience with us
- Clients come back to us – Our clients often return for advice after the successful completion of a case
- Speed – Because of our scale and infrastructure, we can deal with your matter quickly and effectively
- Sector experience – Our clients come from a range of backgrounds such as finance, medical, retail, travel, construction and legal.
What Happens When You Contact our Employment Solicitors?
- We’ll listen to what you want to achieve. A Solicitor or Lawyer will listen to you and give you some options about what you can do next. If we don’t think your position is achievable, we’ll be honest and tell you but we’ll give you some other realistic options. We will also work with you and focus our advice and what you want to do.
- We will discuss funding. One of the main questions we’re asked is how much will this cost? Every situation is different, but we’ve got a number of funding options and your Solicitor will talk you through these. We’ll be as transparent as possible, outlining clear cost estimates and funding options including legal expense insurance. All funding options will be discussed with you at the beginning of your claim.
- Formulate a plan of action. We give you a plan which includes timescales to help you get a successful resolution to your Employment Law situation.
- Start Work. Once we have understood what you want to achieve and how we will do this, we’ll start working for you. This will include a ‘hands on’ pro-active approach. We will also respond to any of your queries promptly
- Get you the resolution you need. We want you to get the resolution that you want and our team of experienced Employment Solicitors will go above and beyond to achieve this for you.
Senior Executive Employment Law Advice
We understand that Senior Executives can face additional complexities due to the nature of their position. This can include more complex employment disputes and requires a more specialised service. Our Employment Solicitors have the experience and knowledge to assist you through negotiation, contract reviews, mediation, exit strategies and legal proceedings.
We are familiar with large employer tactics and we adapt our advice accordingly. This includes the use of restrictive covenants which we can advise on as part of a contract review both at the start and end of your employment. We also understand that your reputation is incredibly important so we will ensure we put that at the forefront.
Our Employment Law Solicitors are accredited by Quality Standards Lexcel and The Law Society. We’ve been Lexcel accredited since 1998 when we were the first legal practice to be awarded this accreditation.
Top rated by our clients - but don’t just take our word for it…
How Will My Employment Case be Funded?
We are open, upfront and honest about all of our Solicitor fees. Our Solicitors have different hourly rates depending on their level of experience. We’ll talk about this at the start to avoid any surprises.
Funding options are:
- A Fixed Hourly Rate
- A Fixed Fee that covers all work
- Staged Payments
If you’re not sure how complicated your case is we can offer you advice and outline the costs involved.
On Settlement Agreements, employers usually make a contribution to your legal fees, which may be sufficient to cover our costs. In more complicated cases, where we’re asked to carry out extensive negotiations to secure a better settlement package, we seek a higher contribution from the employer.
No Win No Fee Employment Solicitors
We do take No Win, No Fee claims in rare circumstances and this will be subject to a paid case assessment. Please contact us to discuss your case and find out how we can help you.
Subject to gaining an agreement with your insurer, we may be able to act for you under the terms of your Legal Expenses Insurance policy.
Get in touch with our Employment Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
08002 605 010
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Related Employment Articles
Simpson Millar Solicitors are a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Bristol, Cardiff, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Manchester.