Whether you’re an employee, manager or a senior executive, we can help you with any employment issues you’re facing.
Our Employment Law Solicitors have years of experience in helping people with work problems such as unfair dismissal, discrimination, breach of employment contract and settlement agreements.
Whether you’re looking to make a claim at an Employment Tribunal, negotiate with your employer over a settlement agreement or you just want to know where you stand legally, we can talk through your situation.
Get in touch with our Employment Law Solicitors for open, straightforward and confidential legal advice.
Meet some of our Employment Law Solicitors
Employment Law Issues We Can Help You With
Discrimination at Work Claims
Equal Pay Compensation Claims
Employment Tribunal Solicitors
Protective Award Claims
Restrictive Covenants in Employment
Sexual Harassment at Work Claims
Termination of Employment Claims Solicitors
TUPE for Employees in England & Wales
Unfair Dismissal Claims Solicitors
Whistleblowing at Work
Funding your Employment Matter
Our Employment Solicitors Can Help You
It doesn’t matter what stage you’re at in your employment, we can help you. The issues will be different whether you’re yet to start work, are currently employed or facing post-employment issues.
We can give you an honest view of where you stand legally and give you practical advice on how to resolve your problem.
- Pre-Employment – you may need help negotiating terms of your employment contract or need to better understand the impact of a restrictive covenant.
- Disputes with your Employer – you could be dealing with discrimination at work, harassment and bullying or been offered a settlement agreement by your employer.
- Losing Your Job – if you’ve been unfairly dismissed, been made redundant without the proper consultation or you’ve resigned and want to claim constructive dismissal.
- Post-Employment – you may be facing legal action by your former employer to try to enforce a restrictive covenant or they may be trying to block you taking a new job.
Whatever issues you’re facing, our experienced team will give you sensible, realistic and straightforward legal advice to get the best possible outcome for you.
Don't Just Take Our Word For It - Read What Our Clients Say
Who We Can Help
We can help professionals and executives across many different sectors, including finance, medical, retail, travel, construction and legal.
We regularly help people who are working in regulated professions such as solicitors or doctors and those who are board members or contractors.
Just give us a call on 0808 258 3531 or ask us to call you back.
Why Choose Simpson Millar?
- We give open, straightforward legal advice
- We always use easy to understand language
- Highly experienced employment law solicitors
- Ranked in 2021 edition of Chambers & Partners and 2022 Legal 500 for employment law
- Accredited by Quality Standards Lexcel and The Law Society
- National law firm, with offices across England and Wales
How Do I Pay For My Employment Law Case?
Our Employment Solicitors and Lawyers work on an hourly rate basis. The more senior and experienced lawyers have a higher rate to reflect their expertise. We know how important it is to be clear about how much our legal fees will be and there are a number of ways we can approach your claim, such as tackling the issue in stages. We also offer:
- Fixed hourly rates
- A fixed fee that covers the whole case
- Staged payments
- A Damages Based Agreement (a type of ‘no win, no fee’ agreement)
You could have Legal Expenses Insurance on either a home or car insurance policy, which could cover your legal cost, so it’s worth checking.
We’ll work with you to find an funding option for your employment law matter that works best for you.
If you’ve been offered a Settlement Agreement, your employer will usually contribute to the cost of your legal advice. Sometimes they offer enough to cover our fees, but if your situation is complex, we will negotiate to obtain more from them to pay our legal fees.
More Employment Law Content You Might Want To Read
Get in touch with our Employment Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
0808 258 3531
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Simpson Millar Solicitors are a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Billingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Catterick, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Manchester.