If you’ve been contacted by Social Services about Care Proceedings for your child or children and you need representation, we can help.
Our specialist and experienced team based in Manchester are here to support you.
Why Choose Simpson Millar?
Our Care Proceedings experts in Manchester have an in-depth understanding of how the Family Court operates. We can give you the legal advice you need, no matter what you are facing.
We are proud to be ‘The Open Lawyers’ which means we’ll speak to you in plain English and your dedicated Care Proceedings Solicitor will attend Court Proceedings and meetings with you to support you every step of the way.
What Can We Help You With?
Our team can help you with:
- Care Proceedings
- Discharge of a Care Order
- Contact with a child in care
We can also help you with:
- PLO Meetings, also known as Pre-Proceedings meetings
- Advice on Child Protection Conference meetings
- Emergency Hearings
- Emergency Protection Orders
- Special Guardianship Orders
- Applying for a Parental Responsibility Order
- Placement Orders
- Adoption Orders
- Advice to Grandparents or other family members
- Advice to family members who have been accused of harming a child
- Child Arrangement orders for a child to live with or spend time with you if Social Services are involved with your children
- Family Injunctions - Including Non-molestation Orders and Occupation Orders
- Forced Marriage Protection Orders
- Orders for the Prevention of Female Genital Mutilation
- Arranging an interpreter if English is not your first language
We know how emotional and stressful the Care Proceedings process can be for everyone involved. Our Manchester team has extensive experience and can answer any questions you have before, during or after your case.
Do I Have to Pay for Legal Representation?
Legal Aid is available to parents or anyone with Parental Responsibility for a child who is going through Care Proceedings.
It is automatically given to parents who are going through Care Proceedings and may be available for other cases, depending on your financial circumstances and the strength of your case.
Our team in Manchester can explain everything surrounding Legal Aid funding.
Our Care Proceedings Team in Manchester
You can find out more about our Manchester team below:
- Marion O'Brien
- Lorraine Shepherd
- Jayne Hepburn
Areas We Cover
From our Manchester office based in Old Trafford, we can help you if your case is in any of the below areas:
We can also represent you remotely as we work on a case by case basis.
If you’re in Manchester or the surrounding areas, get in touch.
For free legal advice call our Care Proceedings Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
0808 239 4184
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Simpson Millar Solicitors are a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Billingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Catterick, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Manchester.