Accident at Work Claim - Work Injury Compensation
Have you been injured due to an accident at work?
Do you need the help of a personal injury solicitor?
Figures from ROSPA (The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents) indicate
that accidents at work remain hazardous.
Simpson Millar LLP Solicitors can help you if
you have suffered a personal injury due to an accident at work.
Our personal injury solicitors are experts in dealing with
accident at work compensation claims and have helped many clients claim
high levels of compensation for their injuries.
Accident at Work Claim - Successful case examples:
- Postal worker receives £550,000 award after horrific accident
- £28,242 for injuries caused by unsafe working conditions
- £16,873 for back injury caused by a lifting accident at work
- £14,470 compensation awarded after man struck by mini digger at work
- £11,000 for shoulder injury caused by accident at work
- £6,250 compensation for carpet fitter's knee injury
- £4,000 for serious injury to an employee caused by employer's negligence
- £3,800 for knee injury caused by a car accident at work
- £2,500 for back injury caused by a jammed roller shutter
- £2,437 compensation for school technician's trip
Simpson Millar LLP is a ‘solid and dependable’ firm, with longstanding union relationships. Its US claims work also increased over 2012. Adrian Fawden is ‘clearly committed to its clients’, and Warren Collins is an ‘excellent communicator’ with ‘good knowledge of the law’. Lisa Sheldon is also recommended at Simpson Millar LLP.
Legal 500 2013
Common causes of accident at work compensation claims:
The obligation on employers to maintain a
safe working environment is greater than ever. Accidents at work often
result in injuries due to:
- defective equipment
- negligence of other employees
- unsafe working practices adopted by the employer
Common industries where accidents at work often happen
Whatever your occupation you could be put in a situation where you are involved
in an accident at work. If the accident was not your fault you could be entitled
- Agriculture, farming and pesticides
- Air transport
- Armed forces
- Catering and hospitality management
- Construction, cement, concrete
- Education and Schools
- Emergency services, police, fire
- Engineering works
- Entertainment and leisure
- Food manufacture
- Oil and Gas works – on and offshore
- Hairdressing salons
- Laundries and dry-cleaners
- Local authorities/government
- Medical services
- Nuclear facilities
- Paper, plastics, ceramics and textiles
- Recycling plants
- Shipyards and Docks
- Transport, Airways, Railways
- Waste management
Common types of accidents that occur in the workplace:
- Slipping on wet surfaces
- Tripping over equipment left lying around
- Falls from height
- Lifting and carrying accidents
- Accidents involving machinery
Common types of injuries
Can I claim compensation for an accident at work?
If you have had an accident in the workplace due to any of the
above causes you can issue legal proceedings against your employer. Employers
have a legal requirement to obtain public liability insurance
and, therefore, if an you pursue a personal injury claim against them, the likelihood
is that the insurance will satisfy any award of damages.
If you have suffered a personal injury at work, you could make
a compensation claim.
What to do if you have had an accident at work
- Fill in an accident at work report accurately and promptly
- Take a photograph if you can. Photographs can be hugely important
in successfully pursuing a personal injury claim. Remember most mobile phones have
- Obtain names and statements from witnesses to your accident at
- Trade union members must notify their union rep of the accident
– it is possible your union can help give information on whether similar accidents
have occurred in the past
Accident at work compensation claims
Contact our Personal Injury Team of solicitors now and tell us
about your accident at work. We can then offer you free impartial advice on what
to do next regarding your accident at work compensation claim.
Our specialist Team of Injury Solicitors will discuss how we can
help you claim compensation for your accident at work. Get in touch
by completing our, no obligation, online
enquiry form and our Personal Injury Team will call you back or you can
call us directly on Freephone: 0808 129 3320.