Wrongful Birth Compensation Claims
Did the Doctor Act Negligently?
The courts describe wrongful births as a compensation claim which
arises out of the birth of a child who would not have been born without negligent
Examples of wrongful birth include:
- Failed sterilisation
- eg when conception occurs very soon after the sterilisation operation and usually
indicates that the operation was carried out negligently
- Failed vasectomy
- eg failure to notify you about the need to use alternative forms of contraception
post-vasectomy and failure of operative vasectomy technique
- Failure to warn parents of specific disabilities eg birth defects
- eg negligent advice from the medical professionals as to specific disabilities that
your unborn child may have, which result in you making an ill-informed decision
concerning your child's well-being
Compensation for wrongful birth
- In order to claim compensation you must be able to prove that the treatment your
received was negligent.
- If the treatment was negligent you may be entitled to compensation
Please note: If your complaint relates to a
hospital in Scotland or Ireland this will fall outside
of our jurisdiction and we advise you to contact a local solicitor,
however if you now live in Scotland or Ireland and your complaint
is regarding a hospital in England or Wales we will be more than
happy to assist you.
Wrongful birth compensation enquiry
If you believe you have a wrongful birth injury claim please call our helpline today
on freephone: 0808 129 3320 or use our free, no obligation, online enquiry form
to register for a call back.
Director of Complex Personal Injury