A Free Guide to Making a Complaint to Red Sea Holidays
The Red Sea Holidays group offer package holidays to destinations around the world, specialising in breaks to Egypt. Our Holiday Claims team helps those who've become ill or been injured whilst on holiday in Egypt.
This is a guide for those looking to make a complaint to Red Sea Holidays, but if you've suffered an illness or personal injury that wasn't your fault, contact us for advice first.
Contact Red Sea Holidays Directly
If you have a complaint and want to speak to Red Sea Holidays; use the following contact information:
Red Sea Holidays UK Ltd
4 Snow Hill
Call: 0207 332 2670
Please note at the time of writing this line is manned at the following times:
- Monday to Friday - 09:00 to 19:00
- Saturday - 09:30 to 17:00
- Sunday - 10:00 to 16:00
Your Legal Right to Complain and make a Claim
There are laws in place that aim to prevent tour operators from sending us on unsafe package holidays. These laws enable you to make a claim if something goes wrong.
If your package holiday with Red Sea Holidays causes you to become ill, suffer an injury, or you find your holiday is not as advertised, then you are protected under The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 which makes use of ABTA and ATOL protection.
What ABTA and ATOL Protection Means to You
What differentiates a package holiday from a regular holiday is a package holiday includes your flights, accommodation and any element of your holiday which is offered at a single price. If you booked a package holiday then you will be covered by ATOL Protection, which means that you'll have been issued an ATOL Certificate.
ABTA and ATOL protection ensures that if your Red Sea Holidays package holiday is not as advertised or causes you to come to harm; you can make a complaint or a claim for compensation.
Under ABTA regulations if you complain to Red Sea Holidays they need to acknowledge your complaint within 14 days and provide you with a full response within 28 days. If you aren't satisfied with the response to your complaint you can refer your case to ABTA's Arbitration Scheme or make a claim through the Small Claims Court.
Useful Red Sea Holidays information:
- ABTA membership number Y2507
- ATOL holder number 9749
Time Limitations on Red Sea Holidays Complaints
Although you have the right to make a complaint and potentially claim against Red Sea Holidays, there are limitations on the time in which you can do so:
- Adults have 3 years to claim
- Children have until 3 years after the age of 18 to claim (until the age of 21)
- Complaints about quality, standards, breach of contract, or misrepresentation have a limitation of 6 years
How to Deal with Red Sea Holidays Complaints
It's important to receive legal advice before making a complaint to Red Sea Holidays about illness or a personal injury. Red Sea Holidays will have a procedure for making complaints (see your Terms and Conditions) and if you do contact them yourself, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Complain While at Your Resort - make a Red Sea Holidays representative at your resort aware of any problems that you're experiencing while on holiday to give them a chance to help you.
- Write to Red Sea Holidays - write to them upon your return home and include the following:
- Clearly outline your complaint detailing what, when, and why the problems the affected members of your party experienced
- Send copies of correspondence you've had so far including copies of letters/emails and transcripts of what was discussed
- Try not to sound rude or angry as this won't help your case, and if your claim goes to court it may not reflect well on you
Strengthen Your Case
There are a few things you can do to strengthen your Red Sea Holidays complaint:
- Keep copies of all letters, emails, receipts for medical expenses and out-of-pocket expenses
- Take photos or record video of poor food hygiene and maintenance as they're hard to deny
- Have reasonable expectations about how much compensation you expect to receive and avoid asking for disproportionate compensation
Making a Red Sea Holidays Personal Injury or Illness Claim
If you suffered an illness or injury on a Red Sea Holidays package holiday that wasn't your fault, or your complaint wasn't resolved to a satisfactory standard, our Holiday Claims team can provide legal advice and help you make a 'No Win No Fee' claim.
If you make a complaint that leads to a claim for compensation; your tour operator will try to pay as little compensation as possible, meaning if you handle your own claim and accept a settlement, this will be your final settlement and you'll be unlikely to make a follow up claim should you experience ongoing problems.
Find out the True Cost of Your Holiday Illness or Injury
Illnesses like Salmonella can appear to have cleared up after your initial bout, only to return at a later date, causing further health problems. Equally, injuries may appear to have healed only to cause further complications.
It's important to receive advice from someone who is experienced in making holiday claims who can advise you of any potential on-going health concerns. Our team of holiday law specialists can provide you with an estimate of how much your holiday illness or personal injury claim is worth and help you maximise your compensation.
It takes is a few minutes to find out if you have a claim, and a member of our holiday claims team will be happy to discuss your options and provide advice, with no obligation to proceed with a claim unless you're happy to.
Call 0808 145 1353 or send us an email using the enquiry form with the details of your Red Sea Holidays complaint
and we will respond to you with there being no obligation on you to follow the advice we give you.