Claiming for an Illness or Accident Abroad
Have you had an Accident on Holiday or Suffered a Holiday Related Illness?
If you answered YES to any of these questions you may be entitled to make a Holiday Claim for Compensation.
It might surprise you to find out how much your claim is worth. Below we've listed some case studies to give you an idea of the value of your claim, but to find out exactly how much you could be entitled to; speak to our specialist Holiday Claims team.
Compensation Case Studies:
Why Choose Simpson Millar LLP Solicitors for your Holiday Claim?
In most cases where we make a holiday claim for compensation, we do so on a 'no win no fee' basis. Because we offer 'no win no fee' terms you won't have to pay us anything upfront for your claim and we'll only take payment once we are successful in getting you your holiday compensation. This means that if we don't win we won't charge you for our services.
Simpson Millar was established over 150 years ago and as a travel law specialist we can provide you with the following:
- A team of specialist solicitors who have worked for tour operators
- Support of a worldwide network of Associate Advocates
- Access to expert witnesses
- Free advice and assessment of your holiday compensation claim
- A dedicated travel solicitor to act on your behalf
- No nonsense, jargon free advice at every step of your claim
We specialise in assisting anyone who suffers a holiday illness or injury as the result of an accident on a package holiday that was no fault of their own. We can even provide advice to those who've suffered from food poisoning or an accident while working abroad.
UK Tour Operator Holiday Claims
Many of our clients we have previously represented became ill or injured on package holidays that were supplied by UK tour operators including the following:
- First Choice Holidays - part of TUI Travel PLC and boast that they're "the home of all-inclusive", offering package holidays to popular destinations around the world. First Choice also offer package holidays to the Holiday Village and SplashWorld resorts which are popular with British families.
- Thomson Holidays - like First Choice, is owned by TUI and for over 50 years has provided British tourists with value breaks and package holidays in destinations throughout Europe, Africa, Asia, Central America and the Caribbean.
- Thomas Cook Holidays - known as Thomas Cook and Sons many years ago and are considered by some to be a British institution. They advertise value package holidays to a range of destinations, with a focus on making the most of warmer foreign climates.
- Jet2 Holidays - comparatively new having only offered package holidays for around 20 years. Operating out of Leeds, they offer all-inclusive breaks abroad with a focus on package holidays abroad on sun soaked beaches.
We've helped clients claim compensation following poor hygiene, lack of maintenance and unsafe conditions that have caused illness or injury at resorts offered by these tour operators. We have also claimed against a number of other tour operators, including the following:
- Balkan Holidays
- Crystal Holidays
- Direct Holidays
- Libra Holidays
- Olympic Holidays
- Royal Caribbean
You can Claim Holiday Compensation if:
- You were ill abroad, suffering from food poisoning such as salmonella and E-coli
- You suffered a holiday accident due to negligence.
- Your family or holiday group suffered an accident or were ill (you could put in a group compensation claim).
- You lost earnings due to your holiday illness or accident abroad.
- You paid for medical treatments or other out of pocket expenses as a result of your illness abroad or holiday accident, including taxi fares and re-arranged flights.
- You didn’t enjoy yourself due to your illness or injury.
Thinking of Making a Holiday Claim?
Below you'll find a snapshot of some of the destinations our clients have suffered a holiday accident or illness abroad. Rest assured that we can handle any compensation claim, wherever your holiday destination was:
Get Advice from a Holiday Claims Legal Advisor
Our Holiday Claims Specialists can help you with any enquiry you have regarding a potential claim for compensation for a holiday illness or accident, so if you feel that you have a claim don't hesitate to get in touch with us. It only takes a few minutes to find out if you're eligible for compensation and we'll only pursue your claim if you're happy for us to do so.
Give us a call on freephone: 0808 145 1353 or send us your query via email using our
online enquiry form and we will get back to you.