Injured on Holiday - Accident Abroad?
Frequently Asked Questions
If you or a member of your family has been the victim of an injury
or accident abroad,
you may find the following information helpful if you are contemplating making a
Are there time limits for making a holiday accident compensation claim?
Yes. This depends upon the country in which your accident occurred. You must seek
urgent advice if your accident happened abroad as the time limits for pursuing a
compensation claim vary from country to country. If you do not take urgent steps
you could lose the right to pursue your compensation claim.
Who do I sue for my holiday injury?
If your holiday was a package holiday your Tour Operator is responsible
which means the English or Welsh Courts will deal with your
claim. However, some circumstances apply where you will need to pursue
your claim against a foreign defendant abroad. Simpson Millar LLP Solicitors can
help you with this.
What should I do after my accident abroad?
Simple steps for making a holiday accident claim:
- Report your accident to the hotel or service provider
- Report your accident to your tour operator and ask for a written accident report
- Do not accept any financial offers of compensation until you have sought legal advice
- Take photographs or video footage
- Obtain details of other holiday makers affected by the incident
- Obtain witness details - names and addresses
- Seek medical attention
- Contact Simpson Millar LLP immediately to obtain free advice and information about
how to pursue a holiday accident compensation claim
It is vital that you receive specialist legal advice. Simpson Millar LLP
will ensure that your case progresses swiftly and efficiently with exceptional client
care standards adhered to throughout the duration of your accident abroad claim.
Upon instruction you will:
- receive a free initial consultation with a Holiday Claims expert
to discuss the merits of your holiday accident or injury claim
- have assigned your own dedicated specialist Holiday Claims Solicitor
with the expertise to handle your claim and who will investigate and collate evidence
for your holiday accident case to succeed
- receive regular updates to keep you informed of the progress in
your holiday claim
- feel safe and secure in the knowledge that we will negotiate
the best possible settlement terms, for your case to arrive at a satisfactory
How long will my holiday accident claim take?
We cannot advise at the outset as to the likely timescale for cases due to the amount
of time Tour Operators can take when gathering information from foreign countries.
We aim to conclude a claim within 9-12 months but more complex cases may take longer.
We aim for a swift conclusion of your accident abroad claim without
compromising on exceptional legal service and advice, so we assure you that your
claim will progress as quickly as reasonably possible.
Who pays my legal fees?
We may deal with your Accident Abroad Compensation case on a "no win no fee"
basis, otherwise known as a Conditional Fee Agreement.
Call our Accident Abroad Specialists today to
find out how we can help you on 0808 145 1353
or simply send us your enquiry via email using our
online enquiry form and we will get back to you.
Want more information regarding