Legal advice for trade unions and their members
Simpson Millar LLP has a long history of acting for trade unions and similar membership
organisations. We recognise the strength and value of the collective in achieving
improvements in working terms and conditions. If you are a trade union - no matter how big or small - looking for legal services provider for you and your members
Simpson Millar LLP can help you.
Our specialist Employment Law Team has extensive experience of advising and acting
for trade unions. We are recommended in both the Legal 500 and in Chambers & Partners’
“Best of the UK”.
Our expertise in employment covers all areas of employment litigation including:
- unfair and wrongful dismissal
- discrimination (sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion and age)
- equal pay
- collective and trade union rights
- harassment and victimisation
- bonus, commission and other contractual disputes
- restrictive covenants and protection of confidential information
We are regularly instructed in cases that set precedent in the Employment Appeal
Tribunal, the Court of Appeal and House of Lords.
Away from the Courts and Tribunals, our services include advising on:
- settlements agreements and negotiated severances
- contracts of employment, policies and staff handbooks
- grievances and disciplinary and dismissal procedures
- all aspects of trade union law
- maternity and other family friendly rights
Our aim is always to understand and respond to our clients’ needs and objectives
and to give swift, practical and relevant advice. We work hard to avoid litigation
for our clients wherever possible, and where it cannot be avoided to achieve the
best results at the minimum cost.
We work hard with our Trade Union clients to help them develop services that will
enhance the value of union membership generally with a view to improving Union recruitment
- highly competitive charge-out rates, without any compromise in the quality of our
- a range of funding arrangements including conditional or contingency fee agreements
in suitable cases
Linda Stewart’s team at Simpson Millar LLP provides an ‘excellent' level of service, and acts for trade union and individual employees and Joy Drummond is ‘responsive and knowledgeable'.
Legal 500 2014
Experienced firm with a strong offering in equal opportunities and discrimination law. Acts for a wide variety of unions. Chambers & Partners 2015
Contact us now to discuss how we can help you by completing our, no obligation,
online enquiry form and we
will call you back or you can call us directly on freephone: 0808 129 3320.