Have you suffered an injury as a result of a defective product in the last 3 years?
You could have a potential defective product compensation claim.
Our solicitors provide a "no win no fee" service, and have years
of experience in recovering defective product compensation from both retailers and
- Laws exist protecting anyone who has received an injury by a faulty product, not
just the purchaser
- If you have suffered loss of earnings, you could receive substantial compensation
awards for injuries suffered as a result of a product
Call us now on 0808 129 3320
Email us using our Online Enquiry Form
What is a defective product?
- A product is defective if it is not as safe as any reasonable person would expect
- This does not just mean physical problems with it causing injury, but also covers
any damage caused due to inaccurate instructions, or by the suitability of the product
for the purpose it is advertised
A product is defined as any goods, foods, component parts (even blood has been classed
as a product). The definition is so wide, it covers almost anything we use. Recent
defective product compensation cases include:
- child seats
- trilucent breast implants
- hair removal treatment
- medications and drugs
Who can claim compensation?
- Anyone injured by a defective product
- You do not need to have purchased the item yourself, if you have:
- received an injury by something given to you, or
- by somebody else using a it,
you can make a claim. For example, you could claim compensation if you became injured
by a defective tyre from a passing car.
Who can I make a defective product claim against?
- The manufacturer
- Anyone who supplied the item, imported it into the UK, or put their name to the
it, such as, ‘Own Branders’
- If a number of people suffer similar injuries in a similar way you can pursue a
group or ‘class action’
- Cost effective way of making a claim against a manufacturer or retailer on behalf
of a large number of people
- Our solicitors have extensive experience in successfully pursuing defective product
large scale claims
How do I make a claim?
- Contact us immediately
- Keep the original packing and retain the receipt, if available for the defective
- Keep a note of the symptoms and any treatment received
- Take photographs of the injury
- Make a list of the expenses you incur, such as: loss of earnings, medical costs,
travelling expenses to and from the hospital
Why choose us?
- Professional, supportive and friendly service
- Impartial and prompt expert legal advice
Make a defective products compensation enquiry
There are strict time limits for pursuing compensation for defective products, so
please contact our helpline on 0808 129 3320 or alternatively complete our
quick enquiry form and a member of our staff will contact you.
Disclaimer: No information on this website shall be construed as
legal advice and information is offered for information purposes only. You should
always seek advice from an appropriately qualified solicitor on any specific legal
enquiry. Calls to or from our legal helpline may be recorded for training and monitoring
External links are provided for your convenience, but they are beyond the control
of Simpson Millar LLP Solicitors and no representation is made as to their content.
Use or reliance on any external links and the content thereon provided is at your