Amputated Limbs - How to Claim for an Injury
The loss of one or more limbs is clearly a devastating injury that will affect all
aspects of daily life. Having acted for numerous amputees, we truly understand the full impact of such injuries in terms of work (or school),
care, accommodation, aids and equipment and prosthetics provision.
How we can help you
We understand the medical issues facing amputees whether that relates to phantom
pain, stump revision surgery, pressure sores or the understandable psychological
symptoms that can occur.
Our promise to you:
- Our expert and specialist knowledge enables us to keep up with the ever-changing
technological advances in prosthetics provision, ensuring that all aspects of your
compensation claim are covered
- Whatever is being provided by your local limb-fitting centre, we will advise on
claims for everyday legs (with appropriate silicone cosmeses), spares, water-activity
limbs, sports limbs and specialised limbs
- We, at Simpson Millar LLP, understand that amputations (especially above-knee) can often
lead to additional complications and we will advise you in relation to claims for
provision of alternative or adapted housing, suitable vehicle provision, and all
other aspects of your claim
- If necessary, we will advise you on the appointment of an independent case-manager
who will ensure that you are able to access all the appropriate services and equipment
available to you
- We will ensure that interim payments are secured quickly so you
can focus on your recovery
Why Choose our Amputation Compensation Team?
- Over 150 years' experience
- Expert team of professionals you can trust
- Clear, honest, jargon-free legal advice
- Specialist knowledge at your fingertips
- It's all about you and never about us
Amputees we have helped
Motorcycle collision victim suffers above-knee amputation
John was injured in a motorcycle accident. John is not a "young tearaway" but a
married, professional man in his thirties. One morning, he was riding along a main
road and he could not have predicted that an elderly driver of a motorhome would
suddenly and without warning turn right across his path sudden. A collision was
inevitable and the injuries were horrific. John suffered an above-knee amputee.
Simpson Millar LLP were John’s solicitors of choice. His claim is on-going.
Make an Amputation Injury Compensation enquiry
Contact our Amputation Claims Team now to discuss how we can help you by
completing our, no obligation, online enquiry form and we
will call you back or you can call us directly on Freephone: 0808 129 3320.