T: 0345 357 9000
F: 0345 357 9199
Based in: Manchester
Ashley joined Simpson Millar in Leeds in 2004. She is now a specialist paralegal, having completed her training in 2010. Ashley focuses on finding a quick and effective solution to our clients’ immigration matters. Her recent European applications have seen extremely fast turnaround times. She has specialised in immigration law since 2015.
Ashley runs her own caseload and covers all areas of immigration law including the following:
- Family migration - for people hoping to come to the UK to join or stay with family who are British or settled
- Visit visas - to see family, attend a special occasion such as a wedding or graduation or to attend an important event such as a court hearing
- Residence card applications and permanent residence applications under European law - for EEA nationals and their family members. Ashley has a particular specialism in securing permanent residence for EEA nationals and has an impressive success rate
- UK ancestry - for nationals of Commonwealth countries who have a grandparent who was or is a British Citizen
- Asylum, humanitarian protection - and fresh claims for asylum
- British citizenship - Ashley has developed particular expertise in securing British citizenship for children in complex registration cases and for adults in naturalisation cases
Ashley was the founder of our Brexit Update Service and continues to be a regular contributor. This provides free email updates on Brexit and European Law related matters.
As part of Simpson Millar’s pro bono work, Ashley runs a specialist fresh claim caseload for the Manuel Bravo Project in Leeds Simpson Millar are long standing supporters of the Project and offer our expertise on a pro bono basis. In 2016 we were shortlisted for the Yorkshire Legal Award for our pro bono work.
Ashley helps to run a free legal clinic at Simpson Millar's Leeds Office every Monday at 10am..
Out of work, Ashley spends her time with her family including her twin daughters and she also enjoys camping, travelling and reading.