Track your case online
We are always looking at new ways to improve your experience as clients and provide better legal solutions for you.
Communication is a key aspect of all client/solicitor relationships and in order to make the whole legal process more understandable to you, we have developed Simpson Millar LLP’s "SkyLegal" product.
What is SkyLegal?
The SkyLegal product is designed to bring you much closer to your case by giving you access to:
- information relating to your case; and
- the people dealing with your case,
in a secure real-time online environment. You can log on through the internet from the comfort of your own home or at work at a time that is convenient for you.
Currently, SkyLegal can give you an overview of your case with details on time recently recorded and documents recently produced as well as more in-depth information eg:
- Documents – provides a complete history of all documents relating to your case
- Time – details of all the time recorded and steps taken by the person or team working on your case
- Diary information – all of our cases have their own diary in order to ensure we are doing the right work at the right time
- People - information regarding the people related to your case eg we often have to write to a wide variety of people and organisations relating to your case such as estate agents or witnesses
- Key or "tracker" dates information – we use electronically recorded key dates to enable you to see when key stages in your case have been reached
- Email – email your case handler at any time
- Upload – upload documents, images and other electronic files relating to your case at any time
- Accounts - access to information relating to any financial transactions relating to your case eg payments made to or by you, payments we make to other people on your behalf etc
- Your case handler – providing information about the person with responsibility for the day to day handling of your case along with details of when they are available for you to contact them
Clients using our SkyLegal product can also give authority for other people to see details of how the case is progressing eg:
- if you are selling your house, you can give permission to your estate agent to see some of the information relating to the transaction – perhaps the key dates, or
- if you are a trade union member receiving legal services through your trade union scheme, you can give permission to your trade union to see some of the information relating to the service you are receiving
- Increased communication between you and your solicitor as well as the ability to email your solicitor at any point in time
- Timely and accurate information regarding your case
- Greater opportunity to feel involved with your case
- Increased productivity and reduced margin for error
- Improved customer service
- Less phone calls to the office, track your case in your own time, outside of office hours
- Ability to pay bills online
- Short explanatory videos relating to legal aspects of your case
- Ability to create your own documents based on our templates and to run certain types of cases online yourself with the benefit of our expert legal advice as and when you need it during the process