Simpson Millar LLP - CWUHA 2013 Convoy to Bulgaria
Communication Workers Union Humanitarian Aid (CWUHA)
This year the convoy is heading to Petrovo in the municipality of Stara Zagora, Bulgaria. It is described as a home for children with severe learning and physical disabilities. The institution is home to 70 kids whose aged from 3-25 years old.
The Home aims to provide for the:
- Health and physical development of the children
- Education of the children
- Emotional and behavioural development of the children
- Quality of free time. The activities for children include gardening, cooking, life skills training and a lot of music
- The connection with parents and relatives. Integration into life outside of the Home
The convoy each year is the response to the plight of vulnerable children in other
countries and the UK from trade unionists, families and friends, who work in Britain’s
postal and telecom industries. This year
Allison Chatto and
Amanda Davis from Simpson Millar LLP will take part in the 2013 Convoy.
Simpson Millar LLP actively supports the CWUHA charity and regularly participates
in convoys all over the world delivering aid directly to the children that need
It's becoming more and more difficult within the current economic climate to get
aid to these children and we ask anyone no matter how big or small to donate whatever
they can to help us fill our wagon full of the essential items that is so desperately
If you would like to help this worthy cause you can give a donation either by:
Simpson Millar LLP would like to thank the following companies and people for sponsoring
the 2013 convoy and enabling us to provide the aid to children and families that
they so desperately need:
- Complete Office Solutions
We wish to thank Natalie @ COS who kindly donated towards this worthwhile cause.
- GMB Members of the CWU Staff Branch - Wimbledon
We wish to thank all of the above members who kindly donated £125.